18 June 2012

My Art Foundation Exhibition

Hello jaw surgery world!:) My art course that I have been on for the past year has completely finished now, I'm so sad because I've loved it so much, It's been so much fun! I've met so many incredible people and made amazing friends, and have been left to go completely wild and just fully express myself with my art. I've discovered so much about how I like to work, and it has been so wonderful to be around such talented people, I've been in heaven! The other day was our exhibition opening, it felt soo amazing for people to finally be able to see the work that we've all been slaving away on for so many months, I think our exhibition was really great, everyones work was so good in such different ways there was so much variety. I had such a good night, I brought my parents and one of my very best friends Olivia. Then after the exhibition me, Olivia and some of my other friends went to see a live band! It was so much fun:)
Heres a photo of me next to my exhibition...
My project was about my family, so each of the models in the picture represent a member of my family. Their bodies are made of objects that have history of use within the house, and some of the objects represent the individual's personality!:)
My surgery is in 2 weeks now, I'm feeling quite ok about it, I go through waves of feeling really scared but I'm trying to think really positively about the whole thing generally:) My neighbour Mike works in the hospital that I'll have my surgery in, and he came round the other day to tell me he spoke to the guy who will be my anesthetist for the operation and he says he told him he has to look after me as I'm his neighbour! he says the guys really nice so thats good
I'm going on holiday on Sunday to Amsterdam I'm so excited! It's such a perfect thing to happen before my operation it'll completely take my mind off any nasty surgery thoughts. Then we get back the day before my surgery! So I'll have no time to just sit there worrying yaayyy

No comments:

Post a Comment